According to a posting in DwellableTrends, the online blog of Dwellable.com, here are the top ten reasons to pick a vacation rental over a hotel:
- Destination weddings. Put family and friends in side-by-side vacation rentals. The kids had a blast playing together at all hours and parents could keep an eye on them from their decks, drink in hand.
- Traveling with kids. Having an extra room for the kids without needing to spring for a suite or second hotel room. Space for kids to run around and play instead of being cooped up together in a single hotel room and bouncing off the walls. A fridge for milk and kitchen for healthy ad hoc snacks. More than one bathroom. It’s just so much easier to travel with kids in a vacation rental, believe me.
- Quality time with the girls or guys. If you’re planning a golf trip, fishing trip, wine tasting or even a private yoga retreat, a vacation rental can offer the privacy of your own bedroom along with relaxing together time–and space.
- Romantic getaway. If your idea of romance includes enjoying morning coffee on a private deck in your bathrobe, cooking beautiful quiet dinners, or even your very own pool, a vacation rental offers you just the right mix of being at home and having an exotic getaway.
- Big events. From Bonnaroo to the Super Bowl, major music festivals, conventions and sporting events can sell out all the hotel rooms in a city months in advance. Vacation rentals provide a fun and practical alternative, especially for multi-day events.
- Family reunions. It’s hard enough to coordinate a big group for dinner; throw in oldsters used to their 5 pm blue plate special, kids whose bedtimes conflict with pre-dinner cocktails and the college kids who just started their day after noon and it’s well nigh impossible! Take advantage of having a kitchen and ample space and don’t stress about getting people coordinated for every meal.
- Longer stays. Staying somewhere longer than a week can get expensive fast. A vacation rental can deliver a lot of value for longer stays—more space, a kitchen to reduce your food costs and a competitive price per night. Plus many units provide access to your own washer and dryer, saving you on sky-high hotel laundry fees.
- Woof. Can’t bear to leave your best buddy at home? Some vacation rentals are pet friendly.
- Eating local. If you’re interested in local produce it’s fun to eat out a few times to sample the regional cuisine. But if cooking with local ingredients from the farmer’s market sounds like fun to you, you need a kitchen to work your magic. Other reasons for having a kitchen: vegetarian, vegan, diabetics, kids.
- Getting sweaty. If you are a serious skier, snowboarder, surfer, hiker or mountain biker, you want a home base that can accommodate your gear and get you out of the house fast.
Leave a Reply