• Fort Myers Downtown Countdown The annual party features performances by “American Idol” finalist Paige Miles, Rolling Stones tribute act U.S. Stones and more. The night includes a Kids Zone, an international food court, a ball drop, a 3-D light show and fireworks. 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Free. VIP tickets are $10-99 and include perks such as better views, food and a champagne toast.
Downtown Fort Myers. 855-732-3836 or fortmyersdowntowncountdown.com
• New Year’s Eve Party Featuring Jazzlyn Little of “The X-Factor” The reality TV finalist performs at this event billed as “the classiest New Year’s Eve party in town.” Also includes a ball drop, a champagne toast, games, dancing and performances by Melting Clockwork and Princess Johnson. 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. $15 ($60 for VIP).
The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, 2301 First St., downtown Fort Myers. 810-6323
• The Crystal Ball With The Southwest Florida Symphony The symphony performs at this elegant event that includes dinner and dancing. 7 p.m. to midnight. $125. Harborside Event Center, 1375 Monroe St., downtown Fort Myers. 418-0996 or swflso.org
• New Year’s Eve Comedy Show Five comedians perform, including The Reverend Junior High, to help you laugh in the New Year. The show will be followed by music by DJ Ronnie and a champagne toast. 8:30 p.m.-2 a.m. $10 in advance, $15 the day of the show.
Gator Lanes, 7050 Crystal Drive, Fort Myers. 939-0048
Fort Myers Beach
• Fort Myers Beach Birthday Party and New Year’s Eve Celebration The New Year’s bash goes hand-in-hand with the town’s annual birthday celebration. The 17th anniversary birthday party takes place from 1-3 p.m. and includes live music and free cupcakes. For the New Year’s event, local bands Certified (noon 5:30 p.m.) and High Tides (6-midnight) will play from noon to midnight when there will be a ball drop and fireworks launched off the pier. Trolley service will be provided until 2:30 a.m. Trolleys run to and from Estero Island, transporting party-goers to off-island parking lots. Parking is free, but the trolleys are 50 cents.
Times Square, 1021 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach. 765-4222
• New Year’s Eve at Cape Harbour The seventh annual event features fireworks, a 170-foot illuminated ball drop and live music by Superbot (at The Joint). 8 p.m. to past midnight. Free. The Marina at Cape Harbour, 5703 Cape Harbour Drive, Cape Coral. 945-6116 or capeharbour.com
• New Year’s In Dublin West of Galway performs traditional Irish tunes, and there will be a New Year’s Eve countdown set to Dublin time (7 p.m. Eastern). Also includes DJ. 8:30 p.m.-1 a.m. Free.
Dublin Ale House Pub, 1708 Cape Coral Parkway W., Cape Coral. 541-2663 or Dublinalehousepub.com
• New Year’s Eve Fireworks Celebrate the new year with a fireworks show. Free. 7:30-8 p.m.
Naples Pier, 25 12th Ave. S., Naples. 213-7120
• The Gershwin Concert Experience The Naples Philharmonic Orchestra brings in the New Year to the sounds of “Summetime,” “Rhapsody in Blue,” “I Got Rhythm” and more. Then ring in the New Year afterward with a champagne/jazz reception. 9 p.m. $79-115.
The Philharmonic Center for the Arts, 5833 Pelican Bay Blvd., Naples. 597-1900 or thephil.org
Posted by Scott Lodde on 12/21/2012 5:14:33 PM 0 Comments
Leave a Reply